MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Give back, have fun, build leadership skills and earn awards in United Way’s volunteer program for high school students. Students LIVE UNITED (SLU) is a program developed by United Way and designed to connect you to your community through volunteering opportunities and leadership development.
SLU participants can qualify for the Governor’s Service Awards, as well as the United Way Student Service Award.
Volunteer events and opportunities are created by United Way and your school, and hours and award qualifications are tracked through the State of Michigan’s ‘InnerView’ app.
How it Works:
- Sign Up! Create an account on the InnerView App to log your volunteer hours here: https://innerview.org
- Participate in a United Way volunteer opportunity or create your own!
- Visit our Volunteer Center to find local opportunities here: http://liveunited.ottawaunitedway.org
- Log your hours in the InnerView app to receive your awards!
Students that successfully complete the following requirements will be awarded with the United Way Student Service Learning Award:
- Perform at least 100 hours of civic engagement by graduation
- Log all volunteer hours in the InnerView App
Students that successfully complete the following requirements will be awarded with the Michigan Governor Youth Service Award in addition to the United Way Student Service Learning Award:
CLICK HERE to view the volunteer FAQ.
Contact Shannon Behm at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 610-1338.
CLICK HERE if you are interested in sponsoring our SLU Program.