Lori Ann Horan, Human Resources/Safety Manager at Stanco Metals in Grand Haven the 2020 recipient of United Way's Above and Beyond Award. Each year United Way identifies a person who has gone above and beyond what is expected of a campaign coordinator and who helps others understand the importance of United Way. Lori would have been honored at our Celebration dinner in March which was canceled due to the COVID crisis.
Our Annual Celebration event couldn't happen due to the COVID-19 Crisis, but we can still celebrate the amazing companies who made such an impact on our community over the past year! Companies earning these awards have acheived three (Silver Awards) or four (Gold Awards) of the following criteria:
- An increase of employee giving from the previous year
- At least a $175 average gift per donor
- 50% or more participation in campaign giving
- Employee volunteer involvement (with United Way or corporate involvement)
- Three or more employees giving at the Lighthouse Leadership Circle level ($500 and above)
Here are our partners whose campaigns and volunteerism earned them Silver and Gold Awards;
- A.D. Bos Vending Services
- Brilliance Audio, Inc.
- Consumers Credit Union
- Consumers Energy
- County of Ottawa
- Employees of Holland Board of Public Works
- GHSP/a JSJ Business
- Legal Aid of Western Michigan
- Robert W. Baird & Company
- Sekisui SPI
- Semco Energy
- Trans-Matic Mfg. Co., Inc.
- West Michigan Community Bank
- Zeeland Public Schools
- Automatic Spring Products Corp.
- Children's Advocacy Center
- City of Holland
- Edward Jones Investment Co. - Region 334
- Elzinga & Volkers Construction
- Falcon Corporation
- Fifth Third Bank
- First National Bank of Michigan
- Grand Haven Board of Light & Power
- Grand Haven Custom Molding
- Howard Miller
- Huntington Bank
- Macatawa Bank
- Pliant Plastics
- Shape Corp.
- The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Ferrysburg
THANK YOU to these amazing companies on their support over the past year.
OUT OF THE BOX AWARD
United Way’s Out of the Box Award recognizes the campaign partner that used the most creative approach to engagement with United Way through its annual partnership.
Congratulations to Flex in Coopersville for its creative approach to community engagement. Flex participated in Stuff the Bus collecting school supplies so EVERY kid can start the school year right, Flex employees volunteered at Day of Caring. Flex also had some fun raising money for the United Way Greatest Needs Fund through special events like:
- Bake Sale
- Craft Sale
- Valentines Day flower sale buy for a coworker or loved one
- Vote for the top 4 managers to receive a pie to the face. It was a hit raising over $200!
- Chilli Cookoff
- Swear Jar
- Prize drawing, tickets earned by participating in engagement opportunities.
THANK YOU FLEX, and all of the wonderful team members there!